Entry Examinations Specifications 2020-21 (because of COVID-19)
Access requirements and admission to the degree and special access tests
In order to gain access to the official Master’s degrees, it will be necessary to have an official Higher Degree of artistic education, an official Degree or Graduated Degree or its equivalent issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area which authorizes in the country issuing the Title for access to Master’s teachings.
They will also be able to access the graduates according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the competent Educational Administration that those who accredit an equivalent level of education. Access in this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous degree that is in the possession of the interested party, or its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the master’s artistic teachings.
Applications must complete the application form pre-enrollment, which can be downloaded from the web page of ISEACV or in the Superior Conservatory of Music“OscarEsplá” of Alicante, with the curriculum vitae of the intereses party and the certificates proving the allende merits.
Before the entrance test, the candidate will have to pass an interview with the CAT, in which he will explain his expectations about the master’s degree, besides commenting on the questions related to his musical trajectory, curriculum and other aspects. L If the CAT considers it appropriate, it may include in the interviews a written test to assess the candidate’s general knowledge, consisting of a commentary on a musical text and bibliographical citations.
As selection criteria for admission to the master’s degree, the following elements will be assessed:
1. Access test. This test will be eliminatory.
It will consist of the interpretation of a program with pieces of different styles, whose duration does not exceed 20 minutes. The following concepts will be evaluated:
– Fidelity to the text.
– Stylistic correction.
– Respect to the tempos, the agogic and the dynamics.
– Appropriate technique.
The applicant that obtains a qualification inferior to 5, will be eliminated of the test of access, reason why it will not be able to pass to the assessment of merits.
2. Overall rating of merits.
In this phase the candidate’s curriculum will be evaluated taking into account the different elements that allow to guarantee its use in one of the different lines of specialization. The following scale is established:
– Candidate record in music studies
– Outstanding average rating: 0.4
– Average mark of note: 0.2
– Degree Degrees or university degree: 1 for each degree.
– Superior Music or Degree Degrees (only those that are different from the specialty chosen): 1 for each title
– Extraordinary final degree (Conservatory or University): 0’2 for each one.
– Mention of honor end of career (Conservatory or University): 0’1 for each one.
– Concert activity: up to a maximum of 0.5
– Publications and congress attendance: up to a maximum of 0.5
– Accreditation of the command of a foreign language (certificates issued by EOI and others: Cambridge, DELPH, Goethe, etc.). Only the highest level title will be scored.
– Title level B1: 0’1
– Title level B2: 0’2
– Title level C1: 0’3
– Title level C2: 0’4
– Seniority in teaching (only years of service in official and municipal conservatories will be valued): 0.1 for each year of service, up to a maximum of five years.
The final score will be the sum of the scores obtained in the entrance test and the merit assessment. In case of a tie between candidates, the one who has obtained the highest score in the access test will be ahead.
The places will be granted by rigorous order of punctuation, according to the number of vacancies that exist in each specialty. Applicants who have passed the entrance test, but who do not obtain a place, will not be kept the note, but they must make a new pre-registration and proof of access the following course.